Gearing up for your summertime getaway? I hope it’s to somewhere fabulous. But wherever you go, go in style (right?)! Amp up your travel savvy with these key items and tips that keep you prepped, practical and pretty.
Ziploc sandwich bags are handy and great for snacks and but reusable, washable makeup bags are more durable and keep you green. Stay organized yet chic, with these travel bags and bottle kits:
- Sephora Moroccan Sunrise Bag Collection and Clear Makeup Bags, sephora.com
- Japonesque Handi Bottle Pack, amazon.com
TIP: To avoid washing your face with hair conditioner, use a label maker or stickers and a Sharpie to create labels for your travel bottles.
Avoid the dreaded “mystery goo” leakage in your cosmetics bag and be prepared for beauty emergencies with these travel-friendly items:
- Lush Solid Shampoos, Cleansers Travel Tins, lush.com
- SweetSpot Labs on-the-go wipettes, sweetspotlabs.com
- Comodynes Convenient Cosmetics, comodynes.net
- Kiss My Face Trial Size Gift Set, kissmyfacewebstore.com
- Orly Mini Mani Polish Kits, orlybeauty.com
- Honeycat Cosmetics Emergency Oops! Pack, honeycatcosmetics.com
TIP: Now is the time to use up all those cute little sample bottles you’ve collected. They make packing easy and travel more fun when you get to try something new.
Keep friendships intact with these must-haves for sharing a hotel room or shacking up in close quarters:
- Chris Notti Silk Sleep Masks, crisnotti.com
- Happy Co. Soothing Eye Mask, thehappycompany.com
- Sleep Pretty in Pink Travel Case and Women’s Ear Plugs, sleepinpink.com
- Illume Travel Tins, illumecandles.com
TIP: Don’t forget to pack matches and keep a travel candle in the bathroom to hide embarrassing smells (hey, someone had to say it!)